Our work with the New Family Search (nFS) website continues to go well. We signed up for 9 to 12 hours per week. Last week, I put in 58 hours! Okay, okay - so I'm a Type A personality. Several weeks ago, I was invited to serve as an Assistant Trainer for nFS. This was a great honor, because I had only just finished my own training a little over a month ago and other Assistant Trainers had all been working for a year or so. Then, a week ago, I was invited to serve as an Assistant Mission Leader (MLA), another great honor. The "powers that be" in nFS told me that I could choose but that I (obviously) could not do both. Then, today, I was invited to do nFS in French with the France group. So, as I said, "When it rains, it pours!" I reflected and prayed about it and chose to be an MLA. About the French group, I don't yet know if I can take some French calls. I think that would be a hoot, IF my French is up to it and IF the powers that be allow me to do that. We shall have to see. I sent an email turning down the Training Assistant and accepting the MLA. Then I translated the French email and forwarded it to the head person telling her that I would love to do that, but only as an "extra" and definitely not if I have to transfer to the French group and can't do both.
Family Field Trip: Goldfield Ghost Town
8 years ago
1 comment:
Type A personality, indeed...
And then there is your son who is working over 50 hours per week for the next 4 weeks.
Post a Comment